Why do I blog?
- To internalize all of the information and media that I consume everyday regarding best practices in education.
- To build on my pedagogical beliefs, keep current in my field, and stay up to date on the latest technology resources that are available.
- To share my expertise, resources, and pedagogy with other educators around the world.
- To give back to my personal learning network of educators who already do so much for me.
- To continue to learn and grow with my personal learning network with the hope that our knowledge and expertise continues to provide the best possible education for students all over the world.
I am a middle school visual arts teacher who has avidly included STEM-oriented projects in my classroom. I have been asked to facilitate a Professional Development day for related arts teachers at the middle and high school level in our district. In my research, I have run across your class website as well as your blog. I have found both to be extremely helpful in getting me started. I am contacting you for permission to use your sites as a reference for the teachers in our STEM in the Arts PD day. I know they will find it equally useful and time-saving….to narrow down information in your “top” lists and the MVP sections would be particularly helpful!
I am inspired by your teachings and look forward to future blog posts!
Robinson Middle School
Knowing that I have reached at least one other teacher out there in the world, is so incredibly powerful. This teacher works in a middle school in Tennessee and we have no other connection other than our passion for teaching students. My efforts of blogging reached another teacher, who will share this knowledge and expertise with her colleagues, which will ultimately reach the 800 students in her building. And this is just one teacher.
I like to think that there are lots of other teachers out there that are reading my blog and are doing the exact same thing as Laurie, but I just don't hear about it. I can only imagine the impact that is being made on all of those students out there. That is why I blog.
For your consideration
- Why do you blog?
- If you don't blog, what is preventing you from blogging?
Click on the link below to find out the sequel to this story
Never Underestimate the Power of Social Networking
You might also like
5 Blogs To Enhance Your PLN for Education
Get Your Teachers Learning and Sharing with Google Blogger
The Landscape's Guide to Creating Your PLN
Resources on blogging
10 Steps to Get Teachers Into Blogs
21 Key Benefits of Blogging
20 Ways to Get Ideas For Writing Blog Posts