Dear Digital Learner,
Thank you for celebrating the first- ever Digital Learning Day with us tomorrow, February 1, 2012. Momentum is building for this groundbreaking event and we urge you to make one last effort to utilize your networks and communication vehicles to spread the word about the positive things happening across the U.S regarding the use of technology in schools.
A few quick facts:
- Over 17,000 teachers and nearly 1.7 million students have registered directly as part of the national Digital Learning Day effort.
- 38 states, many with their own registration processes are hosting their own Digital Learning Day activities and celebrations. This state program covers 88% of US students.
- President Obama has provided a statement sending greetings to Digital Learning Day participants and encouraging every educator to think about how technology can support effective teaching and learning.
- Dignitaries from across the aisle will be stopping by or on video to support the potential for digital learning in schools.
- 13 states have issued Governor Proclamations for Digital Learning Day, including Alaska, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
If possible, please get the word out today and tomorrow in celebration of Digital Learning Day! We want to make sure we reach as many educators, parents, students, and other education stakeholders as possible about the positive impact that digital learning can have on students.
Please write about Digital Learning Day in your own blog entries, Tweet and re-Tweet using the hashtag #DLDay, use the live chat provided to share your thoughts during the events tomorrow, and discuss your plans for the day in your PLC!
Please RT: Join 39 states, 16,000 teachers, & nearly 2 million students for national Digital Learning Day on Feb. 1: http://bit.ly/yulolg #DLDay
Please RT: Digital Learning Day is February 1: Find out what your state is doing and how you can get involved: http://bit.ly/yulolg #DLDay
Participation is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
1. A Webcast and Live Chat begins at 9:00 AM Eastern time. Tune into join the action at http://www.digitallearningday.org. (No registration required)
2. The national Town Hall Meeting begins at 1:00 PM Eastern Time. (Registration is required – please visit http://digitallearningday.eventbrite.com/ if you haven’t registered yet)
3. Check out the toolkit at http://www.digitallearningday.org/toolkits/ and make a plan to do an activity with your students tomorrow.
FYI : Please keep sharing your ideas, resources, and showcase suggestions. Although we won’t get them posted by tomorrow we are planning many more opportunities for follow-up after Digital Learning Day. The more the merrier…Thank you for all your enthusiastic submissions to date.
Thanks so much,
Sarah Hall and the Digital Learning Day Organization
For more information about Digital Learning Day, visit my blog post: Kicking off Digital Learning Day with the "Digital Learning Series"